The HomeSteps Difference
HomeSteps, the Freddie Mac real estate sales unit, strives to have the best property and sales standards in the country. In order to accomplish this, we require that our vendor network adhere to our HomeSteps Good Neighbor Practices.
Our Good Neighbor Practices are intended to protect neighborhood values by requiring that our listing agents show clean and maintained homes and sell them at market prices.
Once HomeSteps acquires a home, it is submitted to the following procedures:
- The home is secured
- Trash is removed from the interior/exterior
- The lawn is properly maintained and is followed up by weekly maintenance
- Exterior/interior cleaning is initiated
Our Good Neighbor Practices also include:
- Maintaining a staff of regional area managers who conduct random property inspections and provide listing agents with scorecards on security of the home, exterior/interior cleaning, active utilities and proper signage
- Conducting regular communication and training with our listing agents and property maintenance vendors
- Empowering our listing agents to immediately address safety concerns
- Hosting a toll-free customer hotline to answer questions about our homes